Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Changing Your Eating Habits
Because all of us have been brought up eating junk food, well most of us, it is not easy to change our eating habits. Your eating habits have developed since childhood based on what your mothers or fathers cooked and what your psychological make-up was during that time.
The foods you eat and crave help keep pass trauma and present anxiety in check. Food helps make you feel good when you start to feel bad. Eating is a natural defense mechanism that the brain-body uses to keep you from going crazy.
So, you see, it is very difficult to change our eating habits. When we do, we start to feel bad. We start to feel uncomfortable, we feel pain, we have withdrawal symptoms, and we may feel sick. Is it any wonder that any of us ever succeed in changing our eating habits.
I consider every thing that has been packaged to be junk food. There are a few exception and you need to read ingredient labels carefully. Very few food manufacturers and even restaurants prepare food with your health in mind. Of course, they want to satisfy you, but they don't use foods that are in your best interest.
Most people eat junk food 85% of the time and then eat good food the other 15%. It should be the reverse of this - eat good food 85% and junk food 15% of the time.
To have better health, here are some foods to stop eating. Eliminate these foods over the next two to three weeks.
* Milk (non-fat or no-fat also) - is a mucus and acid forming food. Milk creates mucus in the body and makes the lymph liquid (we will talk about lymph later) in your body acidic, which attracts parasites and other pathogens.(In the place of milk almond milk or goats milk) Cancer thrives in a body that is acidic.
* Bread - white bread is also acid and mucus forming. It is also more difficult to pass through the colon and gives rise to constipation.
Sugar the #1 food additive. Sugar is in most of all the products that you buy.
* Sodas (regular or diet)- are extremely high in sugar or artificial sugar - 7 teaspoons per can. Most people drink over 35 gallons per year. Sugar is a body poison and leads to many disease - diabetes, obesity, tooth decay and osteoarthirtis and so on.
* Sugar, also, depletes your B-vitamins and calcium and magnesium from your bones and teeth.
* In addition, since sodas are in aluminum cans, aluminum can go into the soda because most sodas contain phosphoric acid. Aluminum has been associated with senility and Alzheimer disease.
* Calcium is also leached from your body to neutralize the phosphoric acid.(its healthier to drink juices of all kinds) There is just no way around it. Sodas suck health right out of your body.
* Regular salt (NaCl) - excessive salt intake is related to high blood pressure, edema, and imbalances in the minerals in your lymph liquid. Sodium, Na, in salt attracts water so the more sodium you eat that more water your body will hold. (use sea salt, it has 25% less sodium, use low salt soy sauce, and herbs to flavor your food)
* Most people eat too much salt - over 10,000 milligrams per day. We only need around 200-300 mg per day.
* Excess salt is also in involved with kidney problems, cardiovascular disease, stomach cancer, and excess sensitive to stress.
* Get your Sodium from eating vegetables that are high in sodium. When you get your salt from vegetables it is organic salt, which does not have the same effect in your body as inorganic salt from a shaker. You need a lot of organic salt or Na in your body. Your stomach is a Na organ. It needs organic salt, Na, to keep its lining from being eaten by the hydrochloric acid in your stomach - an ulcer.
* Foods high in organic sodium are apples, apricots, asparagus, greens, red cabbage, carrots, celery, dulse, egg yolks, figs, fish, raisins, prunes, and lentils.
For the next two weeks try adding the following foods to your eating habits.
* lecithin - is 30-40% choline which is used throughout your body. This is why you want to include it in your diet.
* choline is one of the main chemicals in our cell membrane.
* It is used in our brains to create the neurotransmitter acytlcholine which is required for thinking and memory. Consider lecithin brain food.
* It is used by the liver which helps to prevent a fatty liver. A fatty liver prevents you from losing weight around your belly.
* it helps to break up fats into tiny goblets so that they are easily digestible and will reduce your cholesterol.
* it helps to keep cholesterol from clinging to your artery walls.
* flax seed oil - is an essential oil, omega 3. This means your body does not make it and it is necessary for you to eat it so that you can live without illness or pain.
* it helps to detoxify the liver
* it stimulate the production of bile. Remember that bile helps to breakdown fat so that the liver can better metabolize it.
* stimulate the body to burn fat.
* apple juice and apples - are high in vitamin A, in Potassium and have other minerals that strengthen the blood. They contain malic and tartaric acids, which keep the liver healthy and promote good digestion. Apples help you to lose weight by providing fiber and keeping you regular.
* fiber - you need 30-35 grams of fiber every day. Most people only get up to 10-15 grams. Fiber is one foods that reduce your transient time in the colon. Fiber helps to keep your colon clean, reduce cholesterol, remove toxins from your body and eliminate constipation. There you have it. If you can accomplish these changes in one year, you will notice a big difference in the way you feel and the health that you have.
Rudy Silva is a natural nutritionist. He writes a newsletter called "Natural Remedies That work." You can subscribe to his newsletter and read some of the back issues, which give you information of how to have better health. Read his latest newsletter at: http://www.natural-remedies-thatwork.com/nl-111.html
Nutrition - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Bye Bye Holidays and Holiday Eating
Bye Bye HolidaysHoping everyone had a fun, fantastic, exciting and relaxing mix of Holiday eventfulness or lack thereof. Whatever it was that you did, that it most suited your moods and needs.
With the release of the new dietary guidelines, in the form of the new food pyramid, I still find that many people don't actually understand what nutrition actually means. Because of this, dietary choices can seem overwhelming.
Adding to Your Level of Health is the Key
Here is a continuation of the light and darkness metaphor: a bucket of water. The bucket represents you.
The Benefits Of Drinking Herbal Teas
Herbal teas have long been known to have medicinal benefits as well as being tasty to drink! Some of my favorite teas are chamomile tea, jasmine tea and ginger tea. Each of these has a distinctive taste as well as health benefit.
Why You Should Eat Healthier
Every where you look you see articles or news or stories on how America is overweight. This probably doesn't surprise anyone, as you only have to take a quick look around to see that our lifestyles don't promote good health.
Food for Potential Energy
FOOD (Macro-nutrients)One of the most important aspects of hill walking or trekking and adventure holidays is to maintain your calorie intake to keep pace with the terrain & amount of equipment you are carrying.The best ratio for active people is:CARBOHYDRATES50-60% Simple carbs.
The research in support of dietary omega-3 fatty acids (such as in fish oils) continues to flood the scientific literature. This is perfectly predictable given our genetic roots.
Preventing Heart Disease: What Not To Eat
About 12.6 million Americans currently have heart disease.
Three Cheers for Heart Healthy Oils!
You may have noticed an ever-expanding choice of oils at your local grocery store over the past few years. While once your options were limited to corn, canola, safflower and maybe olive oil, now your choices include walnut, almond, grapeseed and other types of oil as well.
What You Eat Can Protect Your Skin from the Sun
(ARA) - By now you probably think you've heard all of the health reasons there are for eating your vegetables. But recently, researchers from Harvard University have announced that lutein -- a potent antioxidant found in such dark green, leafy vegetables as spinach and kale -- may protect the skin from sun damage.
The Myths Associated with Human Growth Hormone
I would like to dispel some of the myths and worries associated with Human Growth Hormone Therapy, or HGH.First of all, a large number of people do not know what kind of treatment is involved with this therapy.
Cranberry Juice To The Rescue
Cranberry juice was first made by American settlers in 1683. It is a love it or hate it beverage.
Chocolate Splendor: Food For The Gods; Bodybuilding Nutrition
A fictional overheard conversation at a Thelma's Fine Dining.Hi, I'm your waitress, Flo.
Things You Should Know about Vitamin K's Unique Power
How well do you know about vitamin K? This vitamin is probably not as popular as other vitamins. But still you need this vitamin for your health.
Organic Eating - Why Bother?
Originally, all foods were "organic" - grown and prepared without pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, hormones, irradiation to prevent spoilage, and microwave cooking.Our food these days, whether of vegetable or animal origin, is not only deficient in nutrients but also full of pollutants and farm chemicals.
A Background to Dietary Fiber
Fiber is the part of the plant that is resistant to hydrolysis (A chemical decomposition in which a substance is split into simpler compounds by the addition or the taking up of the elements of water) by human digestive enzymes and, with the exception of lignin, fibers are complex carbohydrates. These include pectin, gums, mucilages, hemicellulose, polysaccharides cellulose, and nonpolysaccharide lignins.
From Cell to Super Cell - with Glutathione
Imagine you're a cell.Inside your body runs the machinery that creates life itself.
Is Your Food Aging You?
Did you know that the food you eat could be prematurely ageing you? Science has made some amazing discoveries in the last decade in nutrition. We really should be taking note of what we put in our mouth because more than ever, "we are what we eat".
Explanation of Ambrotose
There are basically four major components, or essential molecular components that the body requires for what we call good health.We know about amino acids and proteins, that's category one.
Rediscovering Protein - Corrective Action in the American Diet
Protein must be a part of a healthy diet for a simple reason: it is essential for life. Every single cell in the human body -- including bones, blood, skin, chemicals, and enzymes -- depend on protein for effective operation.
DietRight.biz Domain Is For Sale - $8,500 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.DietRight.biz 2012