Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Help Prevent Premature Aging With Nutrition-Science
Aging occurs when the body's cells die at faster rates than new cells are generated. People age prematurely because inadequate nutrition resulting from poor diet stimulates cellular destruction and increases the potential for obesity, diabetes, cancer and other chronic diseases.
With improper diet, the body produces vast quantities of highly reactive oxygen molecules, known as free radicals. Free radicals attack healthy cells and accelerate the aging process. This occurs especially when we eat high-fat foods, but also occurs when we are exposed to environmental pollutants, such as pesticides and ultraviolet radiation...or consume too many calories in the diet.
Simple Steps to Help Prevent Premature Aging:
1. Take a high-potency MULTIVITAMIN/MINERAL SUPPLEMENT DAILY... to provide valuable nutritional protection against free radicals and help eliminate toxins.
2. Eat Plenty of BERRIES . . . Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.as well as grapes and cherries all contain valuable phytonutrients called flavonoids, which have potent antioxidant activity that can fight heart disease. The naturally occurring Ellagic Acid from these berries, also promote excretion of carcinogenic chemicals.
3. Drink GREEN TEA . . . Green tea comes from the leaves of Camellia sinensis, the same plant used to make black tea....but it has more of the potent antioxidants called polyphenols than black tea.
Green Tea helps protect the liver and fight cancer. One recent study examined Japanese women with breast cancer. Increased green tea consumption was associated with a decreased risk of lymph node metastasis. Researches also found that when women with breast cancer drank five cups of green tea a day, they were more likely to be in remission six months later.
Green tea also has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels, fight tooth decay and aid in weight loss.
Drink two or more cups of green tea daily or take at least 1,500 mg daily of Green tea extract in capsule or tablet form.
4. Reduce Dairy Food Intake...No more than 3 - 4 servings of dairy per week.
Milk, cheese and other dairy foods contain Casein, one of the most common food allergens. It can deplete immune cells. Milk also contains xanthine oxidase, an enzyme that may increase plague buildup in the arteries.
Adults don't need dairy to get adequate Calcium. Increase daily intake of Calcium-enriched foods, such as juice and soy, rice and almond milk. Broccoli, collard greens, sardines and canned salmon also are rich in Calcium.
5. Supplement with FISH OIL, PRIMROSE OIL AND FLAXSEED OIL . . . These oils contain essential fatty acids...fish oil is a source of eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA)...evening primrose oil is a source of GLA. These beneficial fatty acids are involved in proper functioning of the brain and immune system. They also reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer...and help relieve pain and inflammation.
Take 3,000 mg to 5,000 mg of fish oil and 1,000 mg of evening primrose oil daily. If you are on blood-thinning medications such as warfarin (Coumadin), check with your doctor first. Vegetarians can substitute Flaxseed oil for fish oil, if so desired.
6. Increase GARLIC Intake . . . Garlic contains allicin, a sulfur compound that builds immunity and prevents infections. It reduces risk of colon, esophageal and stomach cancers. One study of 41,000 American women found that one or more servings of garlic a week decreased colon cancer risk by 35%. It also lowers cholesterol and has valuable blood pressure-lowering effects.
One-half to one whole raw clove daily (cooking reduces its benefits), or an odor-free Garlic supplement with 4,000 micrograms (mcg) to 5,000 mcg of allicin.
7. Supplement with SPIRULINA 2,000 mg to 3,000 mg per day . . . Spirulina is a nutritive blue-green algae that grows in warm waters around the world including Africa, Central America and Hawaii. It has become a staple for knowledgeable health practitioners because it contains all the essential amino acids in a highly absorbable form and is a rich source of protein. It also contains carotenoids, fat-soluble pigments that act as antioxidants . . . gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid . . . chlorophyll, a pigment that has potent antioxidant and anti-cancer properties...and phytocyanins, which stimulate red blood cell production. Several studies have shown that spirulina improves immune system activity. Spirulina also has been shown to have antiviral effects and a mild cholesterol-reducing benefit.
Are you interested in ready more articles about a healthy lifestyle? Visit Health for People and Pets at www.healthforpeopleandpets.com/articles.html for new information about the latest health updates and advice. Are you looking for high quality health products? Check out www.healthforpeopleandpets.com/people.html to view our wide assortment of health products.
Terry Goldman is the co-founder for health for people and pets (http://www.healthforpeopleandpets.com). The company mission statement is to offer high quality health supplements along with pet supply.
Nutrition - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Just How Dangerous Are Splenda and Artificial Sweeteners - Which Side is Spinning?
There seems to be fairly poor tracking by any formal standards once a product is approved as a food additive. Despite supposedly tracking adverse reactions, the reality has been different at the FDA.
Nuts To You... Just One Way to a Healthy Heart
Nuts are readily available and provide a highly nutritious food. In addition to protein, carbohydrate, and fat, nuts contain many other important nutrients: fiber, vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, and magnesium.
Chew Your Food
I am going to share with you possibly the most important piece of advice you will ever receive about nutrition. This piece of advice is not about supplementation.
Learn the Basics of a Successful Low Cholesterol Diet
Understanding What a Low Cholesterol Diet isBasically, in order to lower your cholesterol, you will have to follow a diet that is? low in saturated fat and ? low in cholesterolThis is absolutely essential in helping you to lower your cholesterol. You must understand that although cholesterol lowering medications can be prescribed by your doctor, you will still need to follow a controlled diet specifically to help reduce your high blood cholesterol levels.
Dietary Sources of Vitamins and Minerals
Whenever possible, we should try to get our antioxidants and other essential vitamins and minerals through our diet. A proper diet is necessary to offset the signs of aging and the foods listed here tend to be healthier than a burger and fries.
Did You Start Your Life With Enough Probiotics?
Why does disease begin in the digestive tract? Yourdigestive tract is your first line of defense when it comesto your health. This is because of the good bacteria thatresides there.
Many people experience unpleasant reactions to foods they have eaten and suspect they have a "food allergy". However, only 2-5% of adults and 2-8% of children are truly "allergic" to certain foods.
The Secrets of the Centenarians: How to Live to 100!
When Helen Boardman was still a girlish 99, she fell in love again--with a younger man."I robbed the cradle," laughs the trim centenarian, who married a man twenty years her junior for "companionship," she says slyly.
Constipation Cures Exposed!
If you're suffering from constipation, you are no doubt looking for some answers to bring relief. Treatments for constipation vary with the type of constipation from which you're suffering.
The Worshipful Company of Bakers
Bread is one of the oldest known recipes to man. It has been around for several millennia .
Factors that Affect the Nutritional Requirements of an Individual.
The factors that affect the nutritional requirements of an individual are the quality and quantity of the food they eat, the efficiency of their digestive system in absorbing and utilizing eaten food and biochemical availability.The quality of food that we eat can vary depending on the soil and growing conditions of that food.
Fibromyalgia: How Simple Sugars Turned Fatigue into Energy
Several years ago, Marilyn M. couldn't even spell fibromyalgia.
Heart Friendly Foods
Heart disease results when plaque builds up inside the arterial walls, which causes a partial or complete obstruction of blood flow. This reduces flow of blood to heart and may result in angina.
Healing Power of 8 Sugars: An Amazing Breakthrough in Nutrition
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Macrobiotics: Diet and Lifestyle for Long-term Health
A frequent misunderstanding about macrobiotics is that itis a diet sick people use - cancer patients especially - inorder to heal. While it is true that a macrobioticapproach has helped a great many people get well,macrobiotics is much more than a mere diet, and it is foreveryone.
Eating Outside Your Box
One way to combat the boredom many people complain accompanies eating healthy is to "eat outside your box," by experimenting with new foods and cuisines and by challenging your long held notions about what to eat and when. Iceberg is not the only kind of lettuce, apples and oranges aren't the only fruits and there is no law that says you can't eat mushroom lasagna for breakfast and a southwestern omelet for dinner.
An Apple a Day, Does Keep the Doctor Away
Increasing the fiber in your diet has been shown to: reduce your cholesterol, reduce your hunger, lower your fat absorption, reduce surges in insulin levels, help with weight loss, lower the risk of colon cancer, and lower your risk of heart disease. WOW! Sounds like a miracle cure - where can I get this stuff? The answer: At your grocery store.
You are Closer to Being Vitamin C Deficient Than You Think
Okay, so you think you are doing pretty well with your diet. You prepare most of your meals at home, don't eat much junk food and aren't a fast food eater only rarely.
The coq10 Benefit
Coq10 is also known as Coenzyme Q10.This co q10 is produced naturally in the human body, and is a source of various coq10 benefit.
The Skinny on Oats, Oatmeal, Vitamins, Nutrition for Skin Care and Bath Products
Oats (botanical name Avena sativa)An oat is a grass that produces a fibrous root and a hollow jointed stem with narrow, flat, pale-green leaves. Oats are native to southern Europe and eastern Asia.
DietRight.biz Domain Is For Sale - $8,500 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.DietRight.biz 2012